1.13.2013

Hot Wheels Classics 1956 Chevy



I'm back -- did you miss me?

What do you mean, you didn't notice I was gone?

I was forced to unceremoniously take a break due to responsibilities but have returned. Since my absence disrupted the weekly diary concept, posts will be under the tiny car name without the week count -- not really that big of a change, but I thought you would like to know.

I had been writing a humor column for a family magazine and editing a business newspaper, but the company that owned both publications folded. Beginning in November, I became a women's fragrance sales associate at a high-end retailer, a strangely enjoyable gig. You have no idea how many articles on perfume I read or how many perfumes I smelled.

Guys, trust me on this one: Narciso Rodriguez For Her is seriously sexy.

While I enjoyed being a perfume guy, I opted to part ways (on a very positive note) to go play with -- what else? -- cars. I'm selling Chevrolets at Pat O'Brien Chevrolet in Willoughby Hills, Ohio, and readers of this blog will no doubt see this as a logical fit. I love cars. If you would like to buy a new Chevy Sonic AND get advice on perfume selection, it is quite possible I may be the only Chevy salesperson in the country who can do that, and if I'm not the only one, I'm certainly in an elite class. Sadly, there is no magazine called Cars and Perfume.
 
While the past four months have been quirky, they have also been rewarding, and, more importantly, a source of sweet, sweet story material. You don't know where life will take you, no matter what road maps you use (and like getting driving directions on you smart phone, there are times that it seems you just can't get a signal), but if you can smell good and surround yourself with hot cars for some of the journey, your travels can be all that much better.

 To mark not only my change in career but also my return to DTCs, today's featured car is a Hot Wheels Classics, Series 4, 1956 Chevy -- I couldn't think of a more iconic Chevy than this one.






No comments:

Post a Comment