9.06.2011

Week 52: Ferrari 308 GTS (in red)


What the ... Week 52 already?

I have been saying from the beginning that Daddy's Tiny Cars (which actually began as Daddy's Matchbox) would become cool to me after it had run for at least a year.

I just didn't expect a year to go by so fast.

Baby G is a year older since Week One, as is Racer A and Racer Z.

As am I.

Lots has happened, lots hasn't happened, I've remembered a few birthdays, I've forgotten a few more, but through it all the tiny cars have kept rolling. I've even duplicated a car - horrors!

Yes, this beauty of a sports car, a 1976 Ferrari 308 GTS, actually showed up in Week 13 in a blue version, unremembered by me until pointed out by Phil, photographer for DTC. Such will happen in 52 weeks, and as much as I loved that blue Ferrari, I like it even better in red, so no harm.

So as we prepare for the big Daddy's Tiny Cars race and a year into the diary, (see Week 51), I want to thank some folks who have ridden along.

Thanks to James at blog Luke I am Your Father and Barbara from Notes from the Second Half for your support, as well as to the other daddy and mommy bloggers and others who have written and sent out words of well wishing.

Thanks for the great car gifts from various friends: the incredible English coach from Rajni in Seattle (I'll get a picture at a later post), the cool cars from Tim P. in Cleveland, the three tasty additions from Linda in Washington, and of course cars from my folks and my brother.

Thanks for help with my pictures along the way to SAHD Thomas, Dom, Charlie, my wife, and of course Phil P.

Thanks for the constant weirdness and content inspiration from my kids.

And thanks to Les, David M. and Patty (both of NYC), Jen E, Amore, Marty K., and so many other great folks -- in essence, thanks to each and every person who has taken time to read this oddball of a blog adventure. Guess what -- you're all older too!

And you all look great.

See you next week for the results of the race. My station wagon is so going to kick butt.

And if I didn't mention someone I should have, please do not be offended -- I picked the same Ferrari twice without even remembering -- that's what happens to the memory after repeated doses of the Backyardigans, In the Night Garden, Wonder Pets, Wow Wow Wubbsy, and others (all of which I actually enjoy.)

Photo of my second Ferrari courtesy of Phil Pekarcik -- silver silos, for those looking to tour Ohio, can actually be found in Middlefield, Ohio.




1 comment: