9.27.2011

Week 55: Ferrari 612 Scagletti


This amazing, and detailed, Hot Wheels road machine has the unfortunate name of Scaglietti, which just doesn't sound as nice in American as it would in Italian.

Scaglietti sounds like a made up put down from a middle schooler. Names just need to sound bad to have affect.


Racer A: Dad, Dre's calling me a booby butt.


Me: That doesn't even mean anything, so why does it bother you?


Racer A (going on five in Nov.): Because I don't like it. Tell him to stop calling me a booby butt.


Me: Okay, Dre, stop calling your brother a booby butt.


Baby G (age 2): (snorts) You bobby butt, dada.


Me: Yes I am. Dre, see what's happened? Baby G is calling me a booby butt now.


Racer Z: Sorry.




And so on.

In thinking about it, however, I sit corrected. A name doesn't even need to sound bad. I can remember an argument erupting at home once because one brother called the other a blinkyblonk, which ended up  in a shouting match and a loud proclamation of "I'M NOT A BLINKYBLONK! YOU'RE A BLINKYBLONK!"

He told him.

At least it ended before someone got called a peeshyposh.

I just can't tolerate that kind of language in my house.


Photo courtesy of Phil Pekarcik, who, like you, is seeing this new magazine format for the first time. I haven't decided if I will keep this new layout, but so far I like it because it highlights the great Tiny Cars photos from Phil and others. Write me and let me know what you think.





1 comment:

  1. I like the new format, but prefer seeing your entire blog post on the same page, and miss the link to Nickadizzy--don't be a booby butt, put the link back!

    ReplyDelete