10.18.2012

Week 110: 1963 Cadillac Ambulance

This week's tiny car is a strange one, a combination of a 1963 Cadillac Ambulance and a surf buggy. I've featured this same car before back in Week 35, but it was a straight-forward ambulance and not all beach funky.

I've featured this one because I'm going to blog about odd combinations. Forgive me in advance.

Three-year-old G, five-year-old Racer A and myself were on sitting on the couch when G nonchalantly began telling me about an imaginary person, Mr. Maht-Maht, who has a golden chore chart.

The kids have weekly chore charts I print every week, with G's on blue paper and A's on green. Last week, A switched to Purple. Apparently, a golden chore chart is top of the line.

So, Mr. Maht-Maht and his golden chore chart. Here's where things go south.

I've got a golden chore chart, I've got a golden twinkle in my eye. Wait, what the...!!!

In the past I've talked about Racer A's imaginary friends Nickadizzy and Shotts, but Mr. Maht-Maht is something quite different. I had to go tell my wife, who, after laughing, came out to ask G about him. Here's the conversation:

Rochelle: Tell Me about your friend, what's his name, Maht-Maht?

G: He's not my friend. He's just some imaginary guy.

Rochelle: Okay, well tell me about Maht-Maht.

G: MR. Maht-Maht.

Rochelle: Mr. Maht-Maht. Tell me about MR. Maht-Maht.

G: Ummm. He has a golden chore chart.

Rochelle. He does? A golden chore chart? What else.

G: Ummm. I don't know. Let's see. Oh yeah, he's a wiener.

Rochelle: A wiener?

G: (with the tiniest smirk at the corner of his mouth. Yes. He's a weiner. He's growing boobs.

Rochelle: Oh, he's a weiner that's growing boobs. Do you know what boobs are?

G: Oh sure. They're what you got. (G points)

Rochelle: That's right. Anything else?

G: (thinking). Oh yeah. He's got a...a.... (G points to his wrist and looks me.)

Daddy: A watch?

G: YES! A watch. He's got a watch, and when it gets to three, he can turn into a human. But just at three. But he can grow legs if he wants when it's not three. He has a friend, Mr. Cot-Cot. He's human. And a super hero. He has a sword."
---------------------------------

Not even acknowledging all the Freudian, gender-development discomfort of this imaginary guy, I'm not sure I want Mr. Maht-Maht hanging around. There was a cartoon on Cartoon Network called Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.  I don't want to picture Mr. Maht-Maht as a character.

I'm going to go play with Mr. Maht-Maht.
What's so funny? Why is everyone laughing?
OR

Why do we have to wait until 3:00
before we can go swimming with Mr. Maht-Maht?

Okay, the truth is I had no intention of blogging about this one but my wife begged me, so this is fulfilling a rare blogging request.
 I don't think I'm taking requests anymore.

Thanks to Phil Pekarcik for the great pic of the surf Caddy. Sorry it had to be featured with Maht-Maht. I mean MR. Maht-Maht.


No comments:

Post a Comment