10.25.2011

Week 59: Pumpkin Hill Gov'ner


Happy Halloween!! Today's featured car is a limited edition Hot Wheels from last Halloween which I have saved, well.. for a year. Eh, packaging is overrated.

Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year, but is also a yardstick time I use to remind myself to keep tabs on my burgeoning stodginess.

Many years ago I tended to overdo Halloween with costumes and decorations, but for the past few years those Halloween decorations have seemed more inaccessible (the attic crawl space? I need a LADDER!!) and the work for a Halloween costume more work work, compared to fun work. I didn't even get one invite to a Halloween party this year.

Yet down deep I still miss the hoopla of Halloween, which is why having kids dressing up is great. Even if I don't get around to a costume, there is still the spooky pageantry for the kids.

This year, Baby G was a vampire, and Racer A was a ninja type guy. Baby G added a bit of of warrior attitude to his dark prince getup, but I believe that is because he thought he was a vampower. I didn't have the heart to correct him. Either way, both kids did a bit of method acting and stayed in character (see below).



The above costumes were pre-assembled, but Racer Z had a custom costume that was a group effort, with my wife doing most of the work.

His costume was Finn the Human from the cartoon Adventure Time with Finn and Jake, a bonding time cartoon for all the boys (myself included) in the family as we all love it. My wife doesn't quite get into Adventure Time like we all do, but she is soundly outnumbered.

Adventure Time, Come On Grab Your Friends...


We even matched the colors on Finn's backpack (which unfortunately doesn't show in the above pic).

So looking at these pics, I realize I have a few days before October 31, plenty of time to cobble together a costume for myself. I can be stodgy next year, but for this year,

Happy Halloween from Daddy's Tiny Cars!!!


Halloween car picture courtesy of Phil Pekarcik. Thanks, Gov'ner.











No comments:

Post a Comment